The internet is a complicated beast. You have many layers of the puzzle. Sometimes one of those layers faults causing an error. These errors are unfortunately inevitable. Yup, I said it. You’re never going to get away from having some sort of error here and there. You can of course use the right mesh of equipment and softeare to decrease the occurrence. Once you have that sweet spot of a nice up to date setup, when. You run into these errors here are a couple steps to try and questions to ask.
- First piece is try again, or try something similar to see if it repeats the issue.
- Is this issue isolated? Try repeating what you’re trying on another machine.
- Is it a temporary glitch with your equipment? Try restarting the device you’re getting the error on. When it comes back up give it a solid 5 minutes before trying again.
- Is there an issue with the service you’re trying to use? Try another service or check their status page. You can also use downdetector.com
- Is your internet actually down? Check that the lights on on your modem. Are they are on? If so, Move onto the next step (or feel free to unplug the modem and plug back in to reset it for good measure). If they aren’t, power cycle the modem to see if they come back on. If they don’t, check with your ISP to ensure there’s no outage on their end.
- If you don’t have equipment from us, try rebooting your router. If you do, skip this step.
- Either try again later or Reach out to us while it’s still happening.
I also want to note. If you restart a device once and it still doesn’t work, there’s usually no reason to restart again.
As you can see there are quite a few pieces to the puzzle and this is only the user side of things. So whatever your issue, take a breath and try these steps. If they don’t work. Step away and try again later. Sometimes the issue is beyond your control.