Since RC doesn’t document how to change from one server to another on the same account. This documents how to move, keeping webapps and sql.
- Stop MySQL
- Back up the following directories (I used Duplicacy to back up from one server to the other)
- Set up Runcloud on the new server by attaching as an additional server.
- Delete the new server you just set up from the web interface once all the services have been installed.
- Restore all above folders on the new server
- Go into RC on the server you want to move, click settings >> change IP
- Enter in the IP of the new server
- Run the script to change the IP
VOILA! Runcloud should now recognize the new server
Don’t forget to find/replace the new IP in the database too!
- Didn’t note the MySQL Root Pass. Had to change via https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/developer-corner/mysql/reset-mysql-root-password
- Had trouble starting MySQL and had to delete the files starting with ib, though this might have been the fact I backed up while MySQL was running.
- You may be able to run the installer at https://gist.github.com/nntoan/2733f083585facaa6e51927cd56e36aa